Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Peace at Last!!!



This morning I am juggling housework(real) and housebuilding(Glencroft). It's not much fun. I want to be doing all housebuilding and zero housework.

I did manage to get the fronts on the bays of the house.
Those pieces were a bit warped. I had to both clamp and tape.

For some reason, the only way that the dark piece that you see would fit was inside out.....That is the uncut side of the board. I really had to fight to get those into place.

It looks like I am going to have to find a new tenant for the Glencroft. Reggie announced last night that he wants to become a basket maker! Sure he does. I am extremely suspicious......He has moved into the vacant Basketmaker's cottage. I don't really believe he wants to learn a new trade.

He swears that he has given up the Steampunk life. He's sleeping on the alcove seat.....At least that's where he says he is sleeping.

I caught him going into the cottage this morning.....Tessie was on her doorstep waving to him. Hmmmmm...... A little suspicious, I would say. They both say that they are just good friends.

Still later I caught this photo. It's kind of blurry because they were going to fast for me to catch a good shot.

Reggie has left the Steampunk motorcycle in the Glencroft. He has taken to riding double with Tessie. So far she won't let him drive. I have a feeling that I am going to have to mediate sooner or later. Perhaps that is not a good idea. I don't think I want to be caught in the middle when the two of them start bickering.

So far, it is working to my advantage. The quiet is bliss. I don't even mind the roar of a motorcycle around the living room. I should be able to finish the weaving and trim on the wicker chair for the contest. Let's just hope that they are having a good time! I am going back to work.

See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

LOL... Love is in the air...

Sasha said...

Oh... I hope you manage to keep cupid away from those too! That could be big (in a mini way!) trouble!

On a more real note... how do you seal/prime your houses before construction? Or do you not bother? I've used regular latex paint, but it's such a pain! Would love any advice!

Caseymini said...

Sasha, I prefer artist's gesso for priming. It is a bit heavier than regular paint and can be sanded smooth for a nice finish or if you let it stand open for a while, you can do a fine textured plaster lacework pattern.

FabShabbyRoses said...

Ahhhh sounds like a real love/hate relationship budding there! Wonder where it will go as time goes on? Will be interesting to see!
C

Deni said...

Tessie is a handful for you, that's for sure but what FUN!!!
I luv the way Tessie has filled her house
Im with you on the building the dollhouse and no housework! lol