Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hey! It's a Start!



OK. So I didn't get the workroom mucked out yet. I did tackle the tool bag. I took everything out and laid it on the table.....My husband took a look at the pile and didn't believe that it had,with the exception of the cat and the cactus, all been in the black bag. Why were there 9 bottles of glue in there? I have a tendency to stick anything loose on the table into the bag to carry it away. I have no idea when I put in a travel bottle of scope mouthwash or 4 yards of fringe trimming.

My other cat, Widget even came out to watch from a safe distance. He is smarter than Mookie. I think that he figured that anything on the table was fair game for stuffing back into the bag. He sat on one of the breakfast bar chairs about 5 feet away. No way was he going to get involved.

When I finished sorting this is what I had.It looks pretty good now. I am taking bets as to how long it will stay that way. Now there are only 4 bottles of glue. Hey! That's more than half of them gone. I can now shove my hand down into the compartments without fear of taking a finger off at the second joint with an errant Exacto knife.

I do have a great tip for you today. I found several paintbrushes in the bag that had hardened paint in them I don't mean semi stiff like they sometimes get when you don't rinse them good. I mean like a brick. Years ago, Nutshell News had a tip on how to NOT have brick like paintbrushes. I have used it a lot and it works. I may have said something about it before, but I think that it is worth repeating.

If you have paintbrushes in any state of disrepair from leaving them in the paint, pour out a cup of 70% rubbing alcohol. Stand the brushes in it for about 15 or 20 minutes. It will soften the bristles. Rinse and wash with hot soapy water. Then rinse again. Shape the points and stand them, bristles upwards in another cup to dry. They will be like new.

I have, a few times, had to leave them in alcohol longer. It depends on how thick the paint is on the bristles. I have never had a failure though.

The other day I found that I had 11 followers. This morning I have 20. I went to some of my favorite sites and joined their followers lists too. Thank you to all of you that are joining my list. It is nice to think that you are actually reading what I write each day.

Doreen suggested yesterday that I get Tessie to help me clean up my workroom........Bad idea. She's the one that made the mess in the first place. I had nothing to do with it! I swear! Honest!! She is still asleep. I don't think it would be wise to wake her. I am going to tip toe into the work room and see what I can do now.

It's coming up on the first anniversary of my blog. I will soon have 365 days worth of entries. I can't believe that I have had the discipline to do this every day for almost a year. I am going to have to do something to celebrate. Maybe we will have a drawing a la Debbie's Birthday. Let me think on it a bit.

Now I am rambling....I think I am trying to put off the inevitable......Somebody shove me into the workroom and slam the door.


See you tomorrow.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great start and I love your kit bag. I carry my stuff in a box and what ever I need is always back home on my desk. Thanks for the tip on paintbrushes. I have thrown away old brushes in the the past.

Debbie said...

Oh Casey, I wonder how long that bag will stay that tidy..LOL.. Just don't let Tessie in it..

Caseymini said...

Debbie, It's too late. Tessie has already been there and gone!