Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

An Open and Shut Case....

I finished putting everything in the little green gift case this morning. I was baking cookies with one hand and doing this with the other. I am ambidextrous. I'm not joking about that. I used to drive my art professors in college nuts. One of them told me to loosen up by drawing with my left hand instead of my right for a change. I wound up drawing with both hands at once. The professor actually tried to get some of the others to do it and they couldn't. I can also do mirror writing and write with both hands at once in a mirror image too. However, I lied about the cookies and the minis. I was alternating those two activities.


The cookies are good. I had to sample to see. The gift case is officially done. Here is the inside. It is much easier for the camera to see what's there with the front open. I put in a couple of fancy corsets that I had hanging around and three hats. I won't attempt to teach you the corsets, but I may just have to do a tutorial on the hats. They are made of linen and/or hardanger fabric that I use for cross stitch. They are all three trimmed with silk roses and bows. Notice that I tried not to put anything except the brims of the hats where the frame of the front would cover them.

Here's the outside. I didn't do anything at all to that.


I love it when a plan comes together!!! Incidentally, if you want to do perfume bottles with real French labels go here.
http://users.skynet.be/sudene/food.html
Sudene has some wonderful printies. It is a French site and I don't really understand more than a few words of it. I do know how to get from one page to the other just because I know how to do it in English. My point? Be adventurous. Your computer isn't going to explode if you push the wrong thing. There are a lot of neat printies on this site. Go for it and have fun.

I am going to go find something to take to the Mini Witch meeting this afternoon. It will probably take me an an hour or two just to get to the center of my workroom, let alone back out. Yup. It's back to stringing a cord around my big toe when I go in there. Wish me luck.

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

It looks lovely Casey..