Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, December 6, 2008

One More Day......



I am essentially done with the basket shop. There are a few finishing touches, but they should be done by tomorrow. I cheated and took a photo of the outside with one of the landscaping pieces from the Mystery House. I still have to make a couple of those and I want a couple of topiary trees for the front step.
I did the roof line trim yesterday. I cut black card stock with fancy scissors. Then I topped that with strip wood in French blue and finished with a tiny square of strip wood stained with red iron oxide.
I am not sure if I want a sign on the outside or not. This is more of a basket maker's workshop than a store.
I am thinking that a lantern of some kind would look good over the front door too.
This is the finished interior, starting with the left side. Yes, there is a mouse in the right bottom corner. The basket maker has left the premises temporarily and his sandwich and chips on the table( a trade with my friend Val in England)are unguarded at the moment. The basket maker won't miss a few crumbs.
The basket maker is in the middle of doing a wicker chair. It only needs trimming and a seat cushion. It's one of the things that I found in my wicker stash, unfinished. It's a great way to use it without having to do more work. Cheating can be useful at times.....
In the right side photo you can see the mouse again and this time the sandwich and chips.
I decided to keep the chair from Colombia. It went well with the chunky worktable that I did this morning.
I also had enough room to keep the little wicker table.
In this photo you can see a much better shot of the nest of baskets from Mexico. See what I mean about the weave? It is very unusual. I like the herringbone design on the sides.
Back to work. As Yoda would say, "Finish, I must."
See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh Casey I love it. The Basket shop has come to life and its wonderful..
Thank you for the award, I'll make sure I pass it on to another six artisans. Mini Hugs

Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com said...

Your work is incredible. I really admire all the mini baskets. I enjoyed visiting your blog.
Nancy
www.basketmasterweavings.blogspot.com

Minka said...

Very nice. I love all the baskets,the ceiling...the baskets from Mexico are really great! Have you figured out how to make them?