Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Not So Bah Humbug......

I'm all better now. Yesterday was a day to forget. After I stopped writing here, I went to bake spritz cookies. I didn't drop eggs or pour batter over my head. I did however, find that half of the little cookie press thingies for making shaped cookies were missing. So we only have flower and snowflake shaped cookies. No other shapes were found. I told you something would be messed up.

By the time that my husband got home I was laughing at it all. He finally went to Walgreens and bought new lights. That solved the problem, but by then it was too late to do the tree.

I spent 3 1/2 hours decorating the tree this morning. Now for the rest of the house.........It doesn't look like there will be any mini-ing today either. I have to get this mess cleaned up!

I did get batteries for the miniature Victorian buildings that I showed you yesterday. Now I can see inside. I had forgotten how detailed they are. Mind you, these were pretty inexpensive and from Wal Mart of all places.

There are a couple of people inside the first floor of the furniture store and a bunch of furniture that the lady is evidently thinking of buying.

In the drugstore, the pharmacist is mixing up some kind of potion for a customer. They are perfect in every detail.

It was just a fluke that I got these. I bought all three at once. Splurged. I think that they were about 12.oo a piece. The next day I went back and they were all gone.


Here's the decorated tree. Does anyone know how I can shrink this by 1/12? This is what I want my mini tree to look like. After all the trouble yesterday, I am very pleased with the way it turned out. My only complaint now is.....No presents underneath! I WANT PRESENTS!!!

I think I will go see what's in the boxes that my husband has hidden in the garage. I will very carefully un-tape them and when I am done he will never know that I did it.......On second thought, what's the fun of knowing what everything is before you get it on Christmas morning?

When I was little we got to open everything on Christmas eve. That was kind of fun because you could make plans for what you were going to do on Christmas day. Then I got married.......So much for Christmas eve! Now I have to wait 12 hours extra! I want my presents! I am quickly going back to Bah Humbug mode.

Here's something that cheered me up no end. Katie of Katie's Clay Corner sent me this site this morning. These are really meant for Christmas ornaments, but I am thinking that one in miniature would be wonderful sitting on the mini Christmas table. Go look!
http://www.sosornaments.com/gingerbread_houses.htm One of the first mini classes I took back in the early 80s was a mini gingerbread house made of fimo. It was just a simple square house and the lady that taught the class had all of the candy made so we really didn't learn much. How much more fun would one of these be to make? It's just what I need. Another project before Christmas. Hmmmmmm.........I can squeeze it in between knitting the right and the left sock for my daughter. Yup. That will work.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: