Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, December 5, 2008

Let's Be Honest.....


It always gets worse before it gets better.....I am almost there. I did the window and door this morning. It is looking pretty good from the outside. I just have to finish the trim under the eaves and on the roof line.
From this angle it looks kind of finished......Kind of....

From the front you can see my pretty French blue door. Don't look up though. The under eaves aren't done.
I kind of like the way the door and window turned out. Very inviting.

Now. About the inside. That's the worse before better part. Yes. I am aware that there is still tape on the door and window. And yes, I am also aware that there is a mess on the floor. I found a whole bunch of baskets that haven't been dyed yet. The question is, do I want to do all of those and crowd them into the shop?
That's what I am trying to decide now.

I did the window and door from illustration board. It isn't as thick as the wood provided and besides, the door no longer fits the hole! The DAS wrapped around the edge made it smaller. Purests are going to cringe because the door doesn't open. Be honest. How many times do you open the door to a shop after you finish? The only one that opens the doors on these things around here are the cats. I am not going to make it easier for them to play with the baskets. I am probably going to have to either put it up high where they can't get at it or I will have to cover the openings because of them.

Anyway, I think that I will be finished tomorrow. There will be an opening day.
See you then!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Oh Casey! I just love how the front of the house looks!! So charming, and your right....it's very inviting!! How about trying to hang some of those baskets from the rafters???

Tiffany said...

Oh, that's a great idea from Katie! I'd like to see baskets hanging from the rafters too. It would add a lot of interest to the top part of the shop. I LOVE the window- adds just the right touch.

Caseymini said...

I wrote something about hanging baskets from the rafters not too long ago. I may still have to figure out how to do that. Unfortunately all of the rafters are on a slant. I would have to add some rafters across the top of the room somehow. We shall see.

Minka said...

What is the window made out of?

Caseymini said...

Minka, the window is nothing fancy. It is the one that came with the kit. I bashed the rest of the building, but not that.