Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Sometimes I Get Sidetracked.........




Yes, I am officially sidetracked today. I will be sidetracked for the next two days. Monday I have a craft show to do so I am making jewelry as fast as my little fingers will move. It is a very small craft show where my husband works. I haven't done it before. I will make you a deal. If you will stay and look at the boring photos of my jewelry, I will send you to three great mini sites to visit at the end.
The first photo is a tile full of swirl pendants ready for firing. Please ignore the skull that sneaked in when I wasn't looking.
Next is a couple of photos of the finished swirl bead pendants.




The last couple that I will make you look at will be the(I hope I spell the name right) Rorshak beads or Natasha beads. Natasha is the lady that came up with how to make them. Rorshak is what a lot of other people call them. There is a different mirror image on each of the 4 sides of the bead. It is made by literally turning the bead inside out!
The first one looks like some kind of foxy face to me. I love the two profiles in the second one. The thing is, they are just like the test. Everyone sees something different in each side. The interesting part of these beads is that you have absolutely no control over what the bead is going to look like when you are finished. It's always a surprise!
At least the show will be over by 1:00PM. I plan to get back at the basket shop then for sure. Maybe I can squeeze a little in tomorrow. I will just have to see how it goes.


OK, you can have your reward now. I promised.
http://www.acquistosilver.com/ Three words about Pete Acquisto. Beautiful miniature silver!

http://www.marciabackstromdolls.com/ Also two words about Marcia Backstrom.....Wonderful miniature dolls!!!

http://www.erikgoddard.com/ Here's a new one that I just now ran across. This man does great work. Structures and room boxes.
Have a great time visiting these people. I will see you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hi Casey,
Just wanted to say what a fantastic blog. I spent about 3 hours last night reading it from the start. And no I didn't get side tracked.
Thank you for sharing your tips. I'e put a link on my blog to yours.
Debbie