Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Cutting a Rug....




Well no, I haven't actually cut it yet. I won't do that until I finish it. I am very excited about how this new technique that I dreamed up is working out. It is slow going so far. I am trying to accurately match the colors that printed out. Some shades are so close that it is hard to decide. I am working on it as I find colors that I like. There really isn't a lot to show you yet. It is hard to tell what is worked and what isn't unless you poke the picture. I have been working all morning and this is it so far. I figured that I might as well show it now as later.



This is going to be short because I want to get back to work on it. Here's a photo of the top perimeter of the canvas. I wanted to show you another one of my ideas. I used to write down the colors that I was using on my rugs on a piece of paper and pin it to the canvas....Or I would write the numbers in a notebook and immediately forget where I put it. Now I write the number on the edge of the canvas with a Pigma permanent black pen. Then I do two rows of 5 stitches each of that color. That way I always know what color I am looking for by color as well as number.


Before I go back to stitching, one more thing. I was at Wal Mart this morning and happened to look at a "Clearance" table in the craft dept.. I found these! They are gold embossed stickers that are printed on clear backing. There are 4 different strips that are 12" long. The widest of the strips is about 1/2". The narrow leaf design is about 1/8". I am thinking that they would make wonderful trim on furniture or even on ceilings and walls of a fancy room. I couldn't resist. I bought what they had left. They are Martha Stuart and I imagine that they were meant for scrap booking.
Last but not least. Here's another find from Martha. This is in the Christmas Party section of WM. If you like dollhouses at all, you have to love these. They are boxes to put your Christmas gift cookies in to give to friends. I am selfish and plan to keep at least one for myself If the back were cut out and lined, made into 3 storeys, and decorated, it would be a perfect 1/4" scaled house! I wonder if gingerbread furniture could be made to match the house for Christmas....... As her daughter says, sometimes Martha actually has a good segment!
I am done now. Ignore me for the rest of the afternoon. I am going back to my rug. See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wow! I'm so impressed with your rug idea! And I love the color combo you have chosen to use!!