Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

T.G.I.F.!!!

Yes, I know it's not Friday! It's Finished!!! You are invited to the grand opening today. That is if you can get in. There is already quite a crowd in the Buttercup Bookshop. They started showing up bright and early this morning. They heard about the free food, beverages and drawings for books every hour.

Here's what it looks like in the store. Don't for get to poke the pictures to make them larger.
Naturally the witches and gypsy showed up first. They knew about it even before I announced that the grand opening was today. I don't have to tell them what is happening. They just know. After all, they are clairvoyant. And they do love to party.
The gypsy found a dragon's egg somewhere and it is in the middle of hatching now, so she had to bring it along. So far they are behaving themselves, although I noticed that Esmeralda has been in the cash register again. It seems to be empty and her pockets and hands are full.
Down in the main shop Buffy's gang has taken over. As usual, she and Spike are arguing. The rest of them are dividing the pizza that they brought. Cake wasn't cool enough for them. They are here to make sure that no evil doers sneak in when we aren't looking.
Xander is guarding the door. You can only get in if he approves of your credentials. Have your passport, birth certificate and driver's licence handy. He's a bit power hungry. He's asking for three forms of photo ID. If he lets you in please have some cake and coffee.
I am wondering how they are going to take it when they find out who is on the second floor.......It seems that all kinds of fictitious characters have invaded that part of the shop. I am not sure if they are ghosts, optical illusions or just plain figments of the imagination.
I noticed Eskiaga, the Apache scout is back. He seems to be talking to the Elizabethan lady. They are not even from the same century, so I am going to suppose that they are one of the above. I am voting for ghosts in their case because they were both real people. The two others are from Jane Austin's era. I am not sure what to think of them.
The only part that seems to make sense in the whole shop is the dog in the top hat and the two cats playing with the mouse toy on the step stool. At least they are close to the section where they belong. The "animals" and "children" sections are right behind them.
I am happy to put a finish to this. It took longer than I thought it was going to take. Isn't that always the case though? I am off now to look for something new to mini or something old to finish.
I can see that it is going to take a while to clean up after these party crashers. Thank goodness they won't be staying. I will be at it at least the rest of today. See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

Matxalen said...

I just find your page and I love his work.
Congratulations

Matxalen said...

I just find your page and I love his work.
Congratulations

Anonymous said...

Hi! Wish I could come over on Sat morning and shop in the bookstore!!.I love your blog, it's fun to see what you're up to and I must say your work is as wonderful as ever. I love the pics of your sewing room, I see a few things that I remember from long ago. Gayle

Pink Cyberfaery said...

wonderful front doorstep, i tripped over it in my hurry to get in on the opening, but there was no champagne, no chocolates or free food or book signing, i think i jumped the day..........ooops, a l ittle old lady gave me such a cranky look I bolted out and tripped over the fancy front doorstep, ooops. maybei i will skip the opening and slide into the shop at a later date?
pink cyberfaery