Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Round and Round I Go...

It's that time once again. My mind is wandering in circles. I am trying to decide what I want to do next. Here are my immediate choices. I didn't include stuff that is already started, half done, or never to be finished.

You have already seen the Harrison and the Glencroft hiding with the trolls under my bed. I kind of ruled them out because I don't think that I want to start another big project right away. Double Buttercup was enough for now. Besides, I still need to work on the Mystery House some more....I will just keep tossing wood scraps under the bed to keep the trolls busy for the time being.

I have a couple of smaller kits. There is the Storybook cottage. I already know from the experience of friends that I am going to be bashing the floor/ceiling in this one. I love Greenleaf, but they goofed up on this one. They put the partition too high and there is a really high ceiling on the main floor and the attic area is just barely 4" high.
I have no experience with the Sugarplum. This one is really small so it is a contender. I am not crazy about the benches on the front porch. That means some bashing.......
I didn't take a photo of the last Sweetheart cottage or the second greenhouse kit because you have seen them before. I think that I have done the cottage about 4 different times as different things over the years. I got tired of those and sold them, lock, stock and barrel.
High on top of a bookcase in the corner, There are 5 collector's boxes that are about 8" square and 3" deep. I have two of those finished. They are nice for a quick project, like a collection of some sort. I don't have anything that I can think of to put in one of those right now. In fact, I have one of those partially wallpapered and carpeted with nothing inside. I saw you counting on your fingers. Yes. There are 8 of those. I got them on sale at Wal Mart when they were on clearance for two dollars a piece. I couldn't pass them up. They will get used eventually. Honest!
Are you starting to get the picture? Round and round I go.
In the opposite corner we have 4 wooden boxes, trunk shaped and flat topped. Please ignore the sewing box in the center. I think that just wandered in because it wanted it's photo taken. Last we have Tiffany's infamous birdcage. Every time I try to think of something to do, she tries to talk me into doing the birdcage. Keep trying Tiffany........
Yes. This is a 10 gallon aquarium. I taught a couple of classes on making a kitchen in these. They turned out nicely and my sample, with a little bit of help and accessories from my friends, went to NAME national one year for the raffle. It had a witch's kitchen in it.
Inside you see 7 of the 8 Beanie Baby boxes that I use for quarter inch scenes. NO. I don't want to do those.
I already have the quarter inch picture frame box that I started the other day. I just know that someone is going to try to guilt me into finishing that one because it is close to Halloween and the skeleton needs a home. Poor Skelly.
That is just a portion of the containers and houses that I have collected in the past. Like I said before, sooner or later they will all get finished........I am just not sure in what order they will be done.
I am getting dizzy from going round and round. I think that I will go sit in my desk chair and spin for a while now.
See you tomorrow, hopefully with a decision........

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Who me? Poor birdcage- could be just adorable. . . I'd do the Sugar Plum before the Storybook. That second floor will drive you crazy! But if I were you I'd definitely do the birdcage. Yep, the birdcage.

Caseymini said...

Dldn't I tell you? Hush Tiffany!