Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Not Like Christmas.......


I was feeling fine when I got up this morning, so I went to the TMS Show and Sale. This was the extent of my purchases.

No, I didn't purchase the cat. I got a real bargain on the Miniature Collector magazines. They were 50 cents a piece. I got 20. One of these has some of my wicker furniture in it and one has a couple of my dolls that are in Pat's fairy castle. I bought 5 of the old small sized Nutshell News @ 1.00 a piece. One of them has my castle in it. There was a book on Chippendale and a miniature book from 1977 that I never bought back then because a friend had it and we traded books back and fourth all the time. Now I have it.

I also bought 3 small plastic skeletons to make earrings. Nope. I don't have three ears. I double checked right there at the table. They came three to the bag. I am going to have to figure out what to do with the spare. Maybe a 1/4" Halloween scene? I got a 5 x 7 self healing cutting mat with ruler marks on it and 4 rusty tin planters. That was the extent of the stuff that I brought home to live with me for a while.

I just plain couldn't find anything that hit my fancy. Usually I have no problem spending money at the show. This time some of my favorite dealers weren't there. I heard that some of them aren't going to as many shows because of the extra expense of traveling by car or by plane these days. Then when they get to the shows the people aren't buying as much as they used to. It is really too bad when the economy effects our shows like this. I don't know what the solution would be. It is fun to go and look. All year we wait, save our pennies and anticipate the annual show. It's almost as good as Christmas. Not this year......... OK. I am climbing down off of the soapbox now.

I may have to spend some money on line to make up for it. I found this site this morning. Their kits sound like a great deal. The shell is already built for you all you have to do is the finishing.

http://www.hansonminis.com/index.html This site has some wonderful 1/4" houses for sale. If you look around, there are also lots of great ideas. I love the way that they build the shell of the house so that the rooms can be taken out and worked on. You don't have to squeeze your big old hands into tiny spaces that way. Some of them are even stackable boxes to make a house.

Tomorrow I promise to seriously try to finish the bookshop. We will have the Grand Opening soon. I want to move on to something else. Stupid books.....

See you tomorrow.

No comments: