Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, September 12, 2008

Now That the Books Are Done.....

I was going through some websites looking at neat book covers this morning.....The only trouble was there were only front covers. Then I remembered some of the book covers that I have been using from the web. The lightbulb went on above my head. It was kind of a "Duh" lightbulb. You know the kind. The one where you sit and say to yourself "That is so easy! Why didn't I think of that?".

I opened my trusty Print Shop program. These are photos that I took directly from my computer screen so they aren't the brightest, but they will do for explaining. I pulled up a "blank page" to work on and started copying the books that I wanted to do.

As I said, they were only front covers. That's all I needed. Here's what you do. You make three copies of the cover in the size that you want the finished book. In this case, I wasn't too exact because I didn't want to have the books all exactly the same size.
You squeeze one of them sideways until it is as thick as you want the spine of the book to be.

Then you put together one of the wide covers, one of the spines and another wide cover. Don't overlap or leave any gaps between them.

Of the ones that you see here, the last one in the middle row and the two bottom ones were done like this. I got lucky on the other two. They had the front cover and the spine together. I only had to crop the front cover to make the back.
After that, you print them out, cut them out and score the edges of the spine. Then you glue a piece of "Foamies" kids' craft foam, the right size inside and there you have it. One new book, made to order! Or in this case, lots of books made to order!
Book of the Month Club has a website with lots of covers. Have fun!
See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Tucking this one away too! I'm going to need lots of books!
Book of the Month club huh? I'm off to download some pics! :)
I am SO easily distracted...