Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Keeping Up.

My pace isn't too fast but I am making progress. Today I did men's pants and nightshirts. I tore out the stuff that was in the trunk and decided to make it a display for the nightshirts and slippers.

If you look at the page under the trunk you will see that the price on these nightshirts were 67 cents. Actually they were on sale for 43 cents! The Flannel ones were two cents more. The prices boggle the mind!


I made the nightshirt basically with rectangles. It is all glued and the buttons are, once again, the punched cardstock. The slippers are made of brown suede. I forgot to try to find the price for those. I don't imagine they were very expensive. The cost on the trunk would have been about 5.oo according to this catalog. I am useing these prices even though they might be a few cents higher than the time that I wanted for this.
The pants were made with two pieces of cardstock cut in the shape that I wanted and covered with fabric. The waistbands were simply folded over, glued and cut to size.
I finished 4 pair of those. As you can see from the page, they were a little more pricey than nightshirts. They started at 68 cents and went up from there. These were sold as "Young Men's Long Pants". I guess that after you reached adulthood you weren't supposed to go around without a suit jacket. There were no men's pants for sale seperately, at least not in this edition of the catalog.
I put the trunk and counter into the haberdashery to see how they look. Not bad. It is really hard to get decent photos through the plexi windows. I am going to have to work on that.
I also need to start working on some signs and labels for the different kinds of clothing and their prices. I am stalling on that task. The printer is almost out of black ink. I want to wait until there is new ink so that I will get a good print.
I think I have had enough of this for today. I am going to go knit socks for real feet for a while. See you tomorrow.

No comments: