Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Fast Mini-ing!

Today we are getting our heating and air conditioning replaced. For those of you that don't live in 100° weather, this is not a happy occurrence. It was funny when the guy that came out to look at it apologised for the fact that we wouldn't be able to turn on the furnace until the unit was fixed. I wasn't too worried about having to use that!

Anyway, I decided to do some "instant" mini-ing. I have some pieces of wicker that I made a few years ago that still need a home. As you already know, I also have lots of containers to make into rooms. It took all of 20 minutes to do this one. I had to make a floor and clean the glass.




The floor is the only actual work that I had to do. I am showing you the back side. I cut into the corners at a 90° angle and then cut across that at a 45° angle so that nothing overlaps. Unfortunately I didn't have quite enough to cover the back and put a rather sloppy piece in the corner to cover the foam core. Oh well. No one is going to look at the bottom. If they do, they are being way to nosy!

Here's the finished garden gazebo. The terrarium is just as I got it from Wal Mart. It came without a floor. I simply cut a piece of foam core to fit inside.

I went and hunted down a few accessories. I stuck them on the floor and plopped the terrarium on top. See? The floor looks just fine if you only look at the top.

OK. Back to the heat. See you tomorrow. Hopefully I will have some air to breath by then. It's HOT!

No comments: