Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, July 31, 2008

With a Rope Tied to My Ankle.....

I made a big mistake this morning. I got brave. I tied one end of a rope to the door handle of my workroom. Then I tied the other end to my ankle, thinking that it would make it safe to venture inside to find the Chrysenbon kits for the 3 Victorian chairs. The rope came loose on my end. Granny knots are never good........ I sat down in my desk chair. It was like one of those science fiction movies where the chair grabs you and won't let you get up again.

I decided, since I was trapped anyway, that I should do some sorting. First I went through the piles on my worktable. Huh! Who knew that there was really a table under there. I even cleaned up the cutting mat that I made to fit it. (Here's a hint for you. If you have one of those old green, self healing mats that they sell for sewing, they also make great cutting boards for minis. They can be cut with utility scissors to any shape or size you want. This one started out as a large square. It was too beat up to use for sewing any more so it's now a heavy duty cutting mat for minis. It works great.)
Things were going good. Here's proof that I do indeed have a worktable. I have a small place to work....Things were also going bad. I didn't find the chair kits.
I found the bottom of my magnifier. Now I can move it to work on things other than on the desk. I also found more work to do. The cover on the base is needlepoint that I did about 10 years ago. It is really beat up. I need to make a new one.
I also found the ivory button bracelet that I made a couple of months ago and put somewhere for safekeeping.....It's on the neck of the magnifier. Progress....
I swiveled the chair. There was the desktop. Mind you, the chair still wouldn't release me.
I proceeded to clear that off. I had to do surgery on Charlie(the skeleton). His knee was broken. He is healing nicely now. I left the pyramid beside him just in case the superstition about their healing power works.
I also found my Exacto L square. I have been looking for that for a couple of months.
Here you see a leftover piece of the mat laying on top of the desk. The smaller one is from Micro-Mark and is handy to carry around with you when you need one for workshops, etc..
Now for the bad news. Still no chair kits.
I sat chained to the chair just looking from shelf to shelf for a while. I finally spotted them. It was great. I had the kits AND a place to work on them!
Strangely enough, after I finished the chair kits, the desk chair released me. I found the end of the rope to get away. I managed to sneak back in the room to take photos. I made sure I didn't sit down. Anyway, here are the chairs in the photo studio.
Now on to bigger and better things. I need a tree for the corner. Oh No! That means another trip into the workroom. Well, the side with the plant materials isn't as big of a mess as the desk and worktable. Maybe I will chance that trek tomorrow......See you then if I can get in and get back out......Stay tuned to see what happens.

No comments: