Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Taking Stock..........


Today is Wednesday. Wednesday is for witches. The mini meeting was here today. The only two things that I made was a Pineapple Upside Down Cake and some Chili Cheese Quiche. Those weren't miniature. There were only three of us today and we sat and talked a lot while not really doing minis. Somehow the subject got around to Greenleaf houses. BIG mistake.


I wound up telling the other two about the once a year half price sale at miniatures.com. After a bit, I had to drag out the kit that I got for half price. The Harrison was the one that I picked to be half price. It's the largest of the houses I got. I can see me working on this one well into my nineties......


Then came the kit that I bought with the money I saved. That was the Glencroft. It is not quite as big but will still take a lot of time to finish. Maybe this will take me to one hundred and two or three...... In self defence, I have to tell you that I have wanted this one since it first came out many years ago.


Next came the two kits that brought my total close to the limit for free shipping. There's the Storybook cottage. I thought it might make a nice shop of some kind. Maybe I'll be one hundred and six by the time it is finished.......
Then there's the Sugarplum. It also seems to want to be a shop of some kind. I may be too senile by the time it's finished to know what kind of shop it is.........
Then came the two boxes of trim that made it go over the shipping hill. Those don't count, age wise. They will be used to finish the others.
I won't show you the trims. They look just like every other baseboard and crown molding you have ever seen.
Why am I even mentioning these houses? Because I have said many times that I am going to have to live to be 100 to finish all of the projects. Today I figured something out. If I keep a supply of houses and room boxes coming, I am going to have to live to be at least 400. Hmmmmm.......I wonder if a larger supply of houses would make me immortal......? Food for thought. Let's see. I have a list of 37 projects to finish right now. I guess I should get a pencil and start figuring this out. So far I am up to 463 years. Hey! Don't knock it. It's a start!
See you tomorrow.

No comments: