Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Four and a Half Windows



That's what I did this afternoon. I finished four and a half windows for the second story of the bookshop. I did this whilst chatting with friends and eating cheesecake at Wednesday Witches. Lead and cheesecake are probably not a good combination. What with all of the weird chemicals that I use to make and restore minis, I probably would be dead by now if it were going to happen. I used the lead golf tape again. I am really liking how the windows are turning out. They do look much better after they are installed in the house though.


This morning before I left for WWs I did a bunch more of the rock work on the exterior of the house. I like stopping and taking photos of the progress. I can see in what direction it is going. Somehow a photo brings out flaws easier than looking at it with the naked eye.
I am running it up the corners and around the house here and there at random. The nice thing about working with DAS is, if I don't like where it is going I can pry it off and change it pretty easily. It does dry rock hard and within 24 hours is ready for painting. I am anxious to paint some more.
I am getting to the part that is really exciting. It is starting to look like something both inside and out.
As usual, Wednesday is a short day for minis. To make it as long as possible I am going to stop writing and go do some more rock climbing. Now there's an idea. How about a climbing wall going up one side of the building? Maybe not...... See you tomorrow.

No comments: