Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, June 30, 2008

Picasa Saves the Day!


I signed onto Picasa this morning to see if that would fix my picture cropping problems. Look to the left! It worked!

I brought along a cross stitch rug, some mini bead work supplies, graph paper, a novel and Mr. Dell to keep me busy until the golfer returns.

He left at 5:30 AM to play golf in what will be 112° weather. I ask you, who's the crazy one here, the hot golfer or the cool miniaturist?


This is the Tibetan rug that I brought to amuse myself. I designed it from a book of real Tibetan rugs that I bought several years ago at a used book store. The Tibetans are my favorite style. All of the symbols have a meaning. I love the stylized clouds in the corners. I did the design on my computer cross stitch program, which reminds me. I need to load that one on here.
The light in this room is not the best. The background on this is more of a salmon color.
I also brought some of my # 14 beads. I seem to have started a mandala with these. I found it in my traveling bead box. It must be from our last vacation. As it stands, it's 1 1/2" across. This is a doodle. I do these just for fun. It will probably become an applique on a large bag or something similar. I have no pattern for these. I just start with 6 beads in a circle and build out, selecting colors as I go.
This one is not really a miniature. It is however, done the same way that the circular purse was done that I showed you in an earlier entry. It just depends on how many rows you add.
Yesterday afternoon my husband went on a pilgrimage to the PGA Superstore. When he came back, he had a whole roll of lead weighting tape just for me! He also found some in his golf bag. I can finish the windows on the second floor windows of the bookshop now. He sure knows how to make a miniaturist happy!
I am off to play with mini stuff now. This is my kind of vacation!
Home tomorrow. See you then.

1 comment:

Minka said...

That beaded disc would make a nice trivet for a teapot.