Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Progress........?

OK. Someone come over here and scare this cold out of me. It's not bad. It's just a nuisance when one is trying to work.
I did make some progress tho. Now I am sitting around waiting for glue to dry.
I just added the curved bonnet to the top of the armoire. I used modeler's plywood. Did you ever try to get a square peg in a round hole? This is a similar process. I have a flat piece of ply wood that I am gluing to a curved top. I have to let it dry thoroughly or it won't stay. So I have to do other things while waiting.
It will probably be 24 hours before I let it go. I was tempted to put a penny or a bead in the hollow space just for fun. It drives people nuts when they don't know what's rattling when they pick up a piece. I didn't. I was afraid that some crazy person would tear it apart to find out what was inside.............
Notice that I have the bottom skirt added too.
I cut the tops off of some wooden pieces that I got at Michael's. I am too lazy to carve ball feet.
I threw in this photo so that you could see what I used. They aren't glued in place yet. I may do a little sanding to make them look more ball like. The little piece in front is what I cut off of them. I think that they were supposed to be some kind of candlesticks.
Meanwhile, someone on a forum mentioned Pat Boldt dolls yesterday......My inner six year old got the better of me again. At the last show I sold at two years ago, I had a table next to Pat. I made a profit but most of it disappeared into Pat's pocket. She has the most beautifully painted dolls and wonderful fabrics and trims to dress them in. However, the dolls are naked and hairless when you buy them. I got three. When Pat was mentioned yesterday I went looking for the three ladies. Poor things. Hairless and unclothed is not a good thing. Well. They are no longer hairless. Two are finished and the third is on her way.
Pat's work is outstanding. I usually make my own dolls from poly but these three, I couldn't resist.
The blond will be dressed formally, the strawberry blond will be dressed as a young girl and the third one looks a lot like a young Eleanor Roosevelt to me. She will have a Gibson Girl up do when I finish her. Pat even makes the figures correctly for the style. She has the pigeon breast form. For modesty's sake I will not show you that part until I get them in under garments.
Since I can't do anything more to the armoire today I think I will go make underwear. See you tomorrow.

No comments: