Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, May 5, 2008

Marking Time....

Between the cold and the fact that I don't have some wood that I need to finish the kitchen armoire I am stuck.

I carved the arch to go on the front of the bonnet this morning. Then I went to get wood to do the paneling on the sides and the doors. Guess what? I could have sworn that I had what I wanted, but it's not in the strip drawer. I am at a standstill on this piece. On top of that, I can't find one of the ball feet that I cut yesterday. Mookie isn't talking. I suspect it became an irresistible play toy for him sometime during the night. He's sitting here on the desk grinning at me.



The little scalloped pieces will be the sides of the shelves that are on the inside of the doors.


Anyway, while you are waiting for me to find the pieces I need I thought I would show you a simple project that I did a few years ago. I have every intention of making a whole series of them sooner or later. Well......I finished the first one. These(I will do more.) are meant to be hung on the wall. I drew up plans for the pub, a toyshop and a couple of others.
The pub is made of foam core. The others will be too. The box itself is 5" deep, 12 " wide and 8 1/2" tall to the ceiling. With the roof it is 12". I cut out the pieces, glued them together and papered this one inside and out. I used paper shingles on the roof, painted gunmetal gray. I then put a piece of crown molding around the outside under the roof. I put molding around the top and bottom inside and it was basically done. I did this one BC. Before Computer. I made the sign by hand. Here's a little closer shot of the inside.

The two figures are a couple more of the Buffy characters that I have. I built this one because I had a collection of bottles and some hand blown glass stemware. I didn't have enough, nor did I want enough for a full sized bar. Sometimes things just accumulate. It's the same way with the toys. I have a bunch, but I have no desire to build a full scale toy store. Thus the wall hangers.

I think every pub needs a St Barnard with a drinking problem that wears funny hats. Don't you?
Anyway, these are really simple to do and fast to finish. Get to it and make one of your own, or two, or three.
Now I have to go find something else to do. No more armoire for a while. Not until I get some more wood. Tomorrow is another day. See ya!

1 comment:

Katie said...

The armiore is looking good!! Hope you feel better soon!!