Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Day Out.....

Today I am being bad. I didn't have time to work on any minis or take photos either. I am sending you somewhere else to be entertained.

I went to see the most wonderful 1/4" scale minis in the world today. I can't show you because no photos allowed. If you have any Nutshell News Magazines from 1990 to 1997 or 98 you can see just a bit of what I saw. I went to Madeline Cook's house today. She is famous for her 1/4" work. She did a series of articles during those years telling how she did some of her furniture and other quarter inch minis. She also has 1" scale. She has a huge mansion that she built called "Lagniappe". That was also featured in Nutshell news. I think that the lady can do ANYTHING in miniature. It took two hours just to look at the miniatures. Then there was the amazing outdoor train setup in the back yard that she and her husband did. The whole back of the house is taken up with 90 buildings and 600+ figures. The whole thing is landscaped with waterfalls and mountains. There is a movie set in one section, a whole town that is indescribable. That took another half hour. The whole thing inside and out was amazing!!!!!

Anyway, I just got home and no elves took over the computer so I am going to have to vamp until tomorrow.

I sent my friend Gina this website to look at yesterday. The rest of you get to go look today.
You will be entertained for hours here. The place is Teresa's Minis.
Go here! You have to see this!!!!! http://teresaminis.com/ Be sure to poke all of the little thumbnail photos to get bigger ones. The doll section is outstanding. If you want to see something really unbelievable go to the Gallery section. It shows yards and yards of cases that she has all of this stuff displayed in. My only puzzlement is........Where are the houses. She collects everything but houses. Some of the scenes are really cute and funny.

I am hoping that you will all go look. Don't drool!!! I guarantee you will be entertained! See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! Now you have some ideas for our backyard and the Japanese house on the mountain. You can come over anytime and get started.