Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, May 19, 2008

Contemplating the Tables

I put the tables together this morning. I haven't done the Deft yet. I put one in the first floor in front of the bay and I am trying to decide if it is too big or not.
It looks humongous. I may have to rethink this part. I can use them somewhere else and put a smaller "tea" table by the bays. People are just going to have to eat less or eat out of hand. After all, this is primarily a bookshop with tea. It's not a tea shop with books.
So meanwhile I will give you a Harry Potter trunk to look at. This is one of the series of rooms in trunks that I have done. They are all in 1/4" scale, inside of 1" scale trunks that I built.
I did this for my son in law a few years ago for Christmas. The kids are both Harry Potter fans.
So far I have been forgetting to show you the outside of the trunk series. They are all landscaped on the back side.
This one has the Hogwarts logo on the tray that fits inside the trunk. There is also a tag on the top handle that says "H. Potter"
On the inside is Harry's room at Hogwarts. Hedwig sits atop the grandfather clock in the second space. The trunk in front of that is labeled for quidich balls.
In the third section by the window there is an easy chair and a chess board on a table made of a jewelry finding.
The rug is made on #22 hardanger cloth. It is done in backstitch from my own design.
At the far right side is the Sorting Hat on a stool. In the closet are his robes and you can't see it but the invisibility cloke is in there too.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hi Casey! I like the table, but your right, it doesn't fit. I think a little round table would look great! Or maybe a little tea cart on wheels~ then they could move it up against the wall when they don't need it?!?!