Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Real World.......




You guessed it. The stupid real world is interfering with miniatures again. Tomorrow we are having our carpet stretched. It wasn't installed right in the first place and now you could do some nice skateboarding over the hills and valleys in it. So for all intents and purposes, I am not being a mini person today unless you count moving minis out of the line of fire of the power stretcher that is coming tomorrow.


Therefore I will entertain you today with the Egyptologist's Office. This is one that I did just a little while ago. Somebody kick me for not dating these things!
This one was done in a raw wood box that I bought from Big Lots. I bought 4 of them for 5.00 a piece. They are just right for a small room vignette.This one had a bowed lid so I had to curve the back of the walnut shelves to fit it. That was, shall we say, interesting?
No. Don't ask what is in the other three boxes. Not yet anyway.
The stuff that you see inside is a collection of things from Egypt that I have found here and there over the years plus stuff I made to go in it.
The carpet bag on the floor is one that I made with upholstery fabric that had tiny hieroglyphics all over it. The macrame above, I made long ago when I was still into that sort of thing. The center medallion was a link in a bracelet from Egypt that someone gave me.
The King Tut sarcophagus actually opens. It has a mummy inside. I covered the outside with real life wallpaper with antique looking writing all over it.
The statue on the desk is Tut's wife. The hangings on the back wall are done on real papyrus.
The egyptologist is out. I think that the snake on one of the shelves either got him or scared him away.
I don't know if I will get any mini-ing done tomorrow but I may be stuck in the computer room with the cats. I will either be building or stalling again. One way or the other I will see you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Hi!
Yes I do go back four years to see your posts! LOL
I'm making my first room box to display the things I've made for the Summer Swap. So far I've cut a door and chosen my papers. Still lots to do but I love what you have done here. :D Thanks for sharing all of your great ideas!
Hugs,
Kathi