Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, June 22, 2018

To Be or Not To Be....

I am still trying to come up with some  minis for the back yard...

I found these two mini green houses this morning... They have been sitting outside for a number of years...

I thought that I would bring them in and clean them up with Windex...
Guess what!? That didn't do a whole lot of good!

They are still dirty and now they have a coat of yucky stuff from being outside for so long...

I may try to get the glass out of them and wash it separately... But... I am not sure that is going to help at all! 

It may just be that they have been sitting outside too long and this is just the way that they are going to be.


I am wondering if the glass is just too old and has been outside too long.

Do any of you have any suggestions about bringing glass back to life?

If I can't use the glass, I may just take it out and build something over the structure with wood.

I am not going to scream and tear my hair out, but it would be nice to be able to at least use the framework. Any suggestions?

See you tomorrow.




 

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I would try Vinegar or even Lime Away on the glass. Let it sit on the glass for about 20 mins. It looks like mineral deposits from hard water(I live in Las Vegas and we have really hard water). After it has soaked scrub it liquid dish soap and one of those green plastic scrub type pads. I have to do this on my widows from the sprinkler water.
Good luck!
I love you Blog too!

elizabeth s said...

Have you tried cleaning the glass with ammonia and water?

John Wesley Brett said...

If you have a deep tub let them soak in a solution of vinegar and water overnight.

Sheila said...

Try something like CLR. If there's a lot of minerals in the water around you that could be part of the problem and windex doesn't always take that off.