Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Running Away From Home...

 First I went to Walmart this morning for a  few groceries...

I came home with this strange little pair of scissors.

You simply unlatch the orange part by sliding it forward. Then you press down on the orange part, with your thumb to cut things.


I have never seen anything like these before.

They are advertised as being extremely accurate in their cutting... We shall see.  So far, I like them.  I have only cut a piece of paper to see if they were sharp.  They are.

I still have to do something to see if they are as accurate as the makers claim... We shall see.

The next thing I did was listened to the little voices in my head that told me I should go to the Twenty Second Street Antique Mall...

I think that I am officially going to listen to those little voices more often.

Look what I found!  These are hand carved stone.  About 2 1/2"from top to bottom...

I am going to have to see if I can find out what kind of stone they are. Maybe some kind of jade?

I suspect that they are both the same kind of stone.  The first one is natural. The only thing wrong with it is there is a small piece missing from the tail of the bird on the left side.  I think that it can be covered within the design that I do.

This second one has a stain of some kind in all of the carved parts.

Anyway, I paid $5.00 a piece for them and I think that they will be good candidates for wire wrapping or beading...

Those little voices have been getting me into a lot of trouble lately, but I like what they are saying.

I have to go now and see how Albert is doing with his pitch to get the time machine away from Daisy.  He is trying to tell her that she works too hard and should retire from all of the time travel...

He has generously offered her the Nine Dollar Dollhouse in trade for her cottage and the time machine... Whom do you think will win this round??? I am betting on Albert, so far...

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Virginia isabel said...

Yo nunca había visto unas tijeras de esa forma. Los medallones me parecen muy bonitos!
Besujis!!

Isabel Ruiz said...

Lss tijeras son muy originales. Me encantan las piedras me gustará ver como las utilizas.