Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, October 27, 2017

Hands and Feets

This is one of those things that I came up with about 35 years ago and am still using.

If you decide to pass the idea on, please give credit where credit is due. Thanks.

As far as I know, I have been doing this longer than anybody else. And I have never run across anybody else that actually does it.

I make my hands and feet NOT on the person.

I make them on these little gadgets that I make.

I take a pipe cleaner and start by folding in the center and twisting down about two inches. Then I make two loops, so that the spikes are up in the air.
 Then I wrap the top spike in floral tape.  Bottom up and then back down.  That gives me a base that I can build the appendages on.

After they are baked, they slip off and can be put on the person in question.

For instance, I want Albert to be able to hold his pipe, but not all of the time.  Therefore, I want one hand that can hold the pipe and one of the same hand that is not doing anything. Maybe the other hand can be holding a martini(or not).
I will be making at least two for each hand.  Then I will do a pair of feet for closed in shoes.(formal occasions) and some that are barefoot, for sandals. Albert even wore sandals with his suits occasionally.  If he thought that he could get away with it.


I have a whole box of hands that are for Tessie and Zar.  They change hands all of the time.

It just depends on what they are doing at the time.
After I bake them, I slip them off of the stands.  I put them in the box in separate compartments for each person.  That way, when they want to do something special, all they have to do is go to the box and change their appendages.

OK.  I have blogged long enough.  Back to the hands and feets.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Phyllisa said...

Hey Casey. What a great idea for interchangeable hands and feet! I shall have to do
that starting with the young man I have in the works. I'll have to think about what
I want his hands to do. I may not do extra feet at this time. But first, he needs
a head, so I need to work on that.
Phyllisa

elizabeth s said...

I have never seen this method for making hands and feet anywhere else and you deserve a gold medal for the absolute genius of it Casey!
mind you it may have to be a "second hand" gold medal ;D
Bravo!!!