Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, May 15, 2017

Roofing 101

First they make horrendous noise overhead.  It doesn't matter where you are in the house.

Then they cover the yard with plastic.

I took a bath and thought that the roofers were going to break through the roof and fall in the tub!  I got out of there fast!

Then we looked out the front window and saw this parked in the front yard!


I won't say that the noise and the vibration is bad, but.... My grandmother's clock that hasn't been wound for 40 years or more started making chattering noises when the spring unwound... Then I couldn't believe it when it gonged four times!

Just a little vibration going on overhead!
Kota decided that discretion is the better part of valor and first hid in the closet.  That didn't do it.

We found him under the bed.  He is curled up and very nervous. 

I am thinking of joining him for the rest of the time that they are working on the roof. 

Move over Kota. I'm coming in!

See you all tomorrow, if the roof doesn't fall on my head!

1 comment:

Marisa said...

make sure they pick up the nails, the guy who did our roof walked over the yard with a big magnet (next time we redo the roof Im telling rich I want a sheet metal roof like you see on the barns they last longer than shingles and you never have to worry about a leak unless your roofer did it wrong.

Marisa :)