Saturday, April 22, 2017
A One Woman Settee
I won't go into fine detail because there are other entries on the blog that do that.
The top item in the photo is a piece of foam core cut to the seat pattern. I glued fabric to the edge of that and wrapped it around to both sides.
Then I took a piece of cardstock and drew a grid on it that I could follow to tuft the top. I used a double strand of thread to do the tufting, working from the center out.
I did that separately and trimmed off the extra batting even with the cardstock. Then I glued it onto the foam core piece.
Yes. I needed all that glue. This piece is a bit harder to keep down.
And yes... This is a totally different fabric. She found it at the bottom of a drawer when I threatened to use fabric that I liked... What she doesn't know is... This is the fabric that I was thinking of using. I stuck it at the bottom of the drawer where I knew that she would find it... Yes. I'm evil... Shhhh!
She wants a bolster pillow for each end. Then, to quote her, "It will be a perfect one person chair.
I guess I shouldn't fight it. I am off to add trim and make bolster pillows now.
See you tomorrow.