Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Pick a Tile, Any Tile...

Tessie is still dragging the corner box around to keep away from the rest of the tribe. So far she is keeping ahead in the game...

Last seen on the dining room table...

By the time I got back with another box, she had vacated the space... I am not going to keep following her around to keep track of her whereabouts...

I dug around and found this box. It is one of the first ones I made back in the early eighties...

No comments on the purple velvet please...

Hey! Kota likes it...

What I wanted to show you is the floor on this one.

You can make these boxes any size that you want. This one has a floor that is a cut piece of acoustical ceiling tile. 

At the time, we were able to order the bent Plexi glass in whatever size was needed.  I don't know of anybody that does this anymore.

The point is, you can make them any size that you like.

This is one that I just made a couple of years ago. I had the bent Plexi left over from the eighties and didn't know what to do with it. When I saw the tile, I knew.

The floor in this one is a green marble floor tile. It works quite well as an elegant floor and there are many tiles to choose from.

I just thought that you might like a few examples of what you can do with a piece of tile and some foam core board.

It is good to have a heavier bottom piece.  Thus the ceiling tile or floor tile.  That makes it steady and movable...

Back to hunting Tessie.

See you tomorrow.

No comments: