Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, January 7, 2017

One Thing Leads to Another... And Another...

This morning, I decided to do some closet cleaning... A good thing for the closet and a bad thing for me...

First I did the utility closet... I am not going to show you photos... Not very interesting...

Then I went to the hall closet that I have been shoving sewing supplies in for years. 
 The closet is now clean, but my conscience is not.

I found a LOT of unfinished projects.  Some are over 20 years old... Mostly quilting. 

Tessie was overlooking the cleaning from a safe distance.  She is in the left hand box in the first photo... Suggesting that I shrink the hexagons down to 1/4".  I am madly avoiding her suggestions.
 Anyway, the pieces and other items are going right back where they started... Minus some fabric and other things that didn't even belong in that particular closet.

It looks like an actual closet now and I can easily close the door without force!
I did  find these two weapons... No they mean no harm.  They are both hoop holders for doing embroidery and quilting.

They hold the work whilst the person uses both hands to do the stitching.

I prefer the one at the bottom.  You can either sit on it like a motorcycle or you can do it side saddle.  That's how I use it.

The other one is more formal.. You have to sit in a chair to use it.

It works too.  Just not my favorite.

As usual, I couldn't leave well enough alone.  I padded the seat on the bottom one.  It wasn't comfortable until I did that.

Now I can start work on a project that I have been wanting to do.  I did a shirt for April years ago that had quotes from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" all over it.

I am going to do one for myself with quotes from Albert Einstein, Picasso and a few other favorites.

Just call me "Sidetracked Again".  I will be doing minis too. Honest!

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Юлия said...

Establish order very helpful. Sometimes good things are.