Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, January 16, 2017

For a Friend...

One of the witches was giving away old jewelry and findings last Wednesday. 

I found a piece that I liked and asked about it.

It was a piece that was her grandmother's.

She doesn't read the blog, so I am safe in showing you what I did with it. I thought that she would enjoy displaying it, much more than giving it away.

I took a piece of card stock and covered it with brown velvet.  It seemed to go best with the pendant.

I pinned the necklace to the covered board and then very carefully hand stitched it in place. I used brown thread and it is very hard to tell where it is tacked.

After it was stitched down I laid it on the original backing board from the frame and put it in place.

I could tell that it had some sentimental value from the way that she talked about it.

It is going back where it belongs this Wednesday. I am going to take it back to her. She can either hang it or use the stand on the back and put it out where she can see it every day.

Now she can enjoy it, instead of having it lying in a drawer somewhere.

This is very easy to do. If you have a piece of jewelry that you don't often wear, this is a way to enjoy it without wearing it. 

I hope that you will give it a try.  It's easy and fun to do.

See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

azteclady said...

You are such a sweet, goodhearted person.

Thank you, as always, for sharing with us.

anisnofla said...

Y una muy buena idea!
Besitos

De said...

That's such a thoughtful gift. I'm sure she will love it!

Юлия said...

The elegant idea, very beautiful and touching.