Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, October 17, 2016

It's a Play Day!

I had a doctor's appointment at 12:20PM, so there wasn't much sense in starting a mini project.

I got out a piece of the new silk velvet and started planning...

I also found the last bracelet that I started. 

When  I pulled things out for the new bracelet, the old one came to light.  I have to finish that one... I think that it will be a favorite after finished.

For the new one, I cut a piece of heavy interfacing for the foundation. I cut the silk velvet larger all around, so that I can fold it and stitch it on the back to finish.

I first stitched the backing to the velvet.  Then I stitched around the edge of the velvet at the edge of the  backing, so that I would know not to stitch outside the lines.

So far, I have not made a choice.  I am looking at the things that I have laid out on it, but no decisions yet.
I bought myself a present yesterday.  I found this very small sketch book at Walmart.

I already had the pencil, pen and set of tiny colored pencils.

I can see that this is going to lead to making a cover for the whole set.  It will be handy to carry around that way. 

It may end up being nothing but a small doodle pad, but it will be my doodle pad and I like it!

Anyway, I have lots of things to keep me amused for the rest of the day.  Back to minis tomorrow.

See you then!

2 comments:

Tina said...

Yes definately finish first bracelet - it looks so good even in its unfinished state. And I hope everything is okay because you have had few doctor appointments lately.

Caseymini said...

Everything is fine, Tina. Any Dr. Appointments that I am having now are just follow ups. I am not having any problems at all. Fit as a fiddle... I am not sure what that means , but I am doing great!