Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Finished! Oops!

OK... I finished the bunny hutch.  Don't tell anybody that I made the triangles on top too short. 

But after the way it turned out, I am glad that I did!

Here you can see that the tops don't quite meet...

There are a few spots of glue showing on top.  I took the copper work off so that you could see the hole.
If it doesn't work... Fix it!!!  I did.

I went through my findings and found these four triangular findings.

 I had the button in the middle laying on my bedside table.  It was from one of those jars of jewelry from Goodwill.  I saved it out, because I liked it and wanted to use it in some jewelry... This is just as good.

I just decided that the bunnies would like a little extra ventilation in their hutch and went to work.

I glued the points of the triangles to the points of the roof.  Glued the button in the center and let it dry.
The bunnies are perfectly happy with it and Spike and the hedgehog are looking rather envious.

I dread showing it to Tessie, she is going to want a bed with a top like that...

Anyway, if you want to make one, go back and use the pattern for Spike's Pup Tent.  It is basically the same and on that one the points fit together.

I have to go now and find something else to work on...

See you tomorrow.

8 comments:

Phyllisa said...

Hi Casey.i 'm glad to see the bunny hutch finished. Sorry about the shortage though.
But it is a great save. The top is very exotic!
Phyllisa

Caseymini said...

Phyllisa, I decided that maybe it would encourage others to think of ways to save a project instead of junking it and starting over. Sometimes the mistakes make better finished projects when you figure out a way to save them!

anisnofla said...

Una casa de lujo para los conejos, ¡precioso trabajo!
Besitos

Claire said...

That is an incredibly glamorous bunny hutch. I love it :)

Linda said...

How nice! :)

Ayla said...

Te ha quedado increible, me encanta!!! Y creo que fue una suerte que los triángulos superiores te quedarán algo cortitos porque el resultado final es espectacular.
Besote!!!!

Gail said...

I went to the Mini Time Machine Museum today! I sure saw a lot of Casey Rice references!

Caseymini said...

Gail, I am guilty as charged! LOL Pretty much all of restoration work that I did was finished before the real museum came into being. There are some of my little people( mostly witches) that were done a little later. It was the best job that I ever had! Great fun.