Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Think Before You Leap....

I have altered a number of houses(windows, doors and other additions... They were mostly on the outer walls of the house...

I didn't stop to think that the doorway that I wanted to add was on an inside wall.

It was.  I should have considered that.

I glued all of the walls together yesterday morning...

Then yesterday afternoon, I decided that I should cut in the door... Oops!  I didn't even consider that it was on an interior wall..

Shall we just say that it took a while... Some last night and more this morning... It is now done.

I still need to do some sanding around the edges.

I stood the whole thing on it's side to do the sawing of the hole.

I am considering putting a second floor on the other side at the same level... So much for Tessie's mezzanine.  She will have to settle for a plain old second floor if I do that.

It will give her more room to put merchandise.  I doubt if she will complain too much. More money coming in!

Anyway, The last time I looked in on them, the Terrible Two Plus One were inspecting.  I imagine that they will have a list of improvements for me to consider.

It's Wednesday, so they will have to hold their collective breath, until I get back from the Witches meeting.

Meanwhile, I was looking for something to take to Wednesday Witches to work on... I hit upon this.  It is called Chenille Stitch. It's kind of a cross between right angle weave and herringbone stitch.

Jill Wiseman has a video on U Tube on how to do it.  For those of you who bead, it is fun and very fast, once you get going.

So that is what I will be working on at the meeting.  Back to the antique shop, once I get back.

Hold your breath Tessie.  I will return!

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
I am loving this build and look forward to seeing it come together. Haver fun with the witches!
Big hug
Giac

Caseymini said...

Giac, that's a given. We always have fun!