Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Monday, March 28, 2016

Still a Basket Case!

Tessie is staying away from me today... I am a basket case... According to her.

I finished my large, human sized basket that I started last week.  Feathers and turquoise adds something.
 I am going to use it for a pot cover on the back porch.  It will be out of the weather, so I don't have to worry about it falling apart for a couple of years at least. 

I took this one so that you could see how it was ended.

Right behind the cactus, there is a slope in the basket. I was not to particular about it being level because it is at the back of the basket and besides, I plan on putting a plant in it that will droop down and hide it...
I also finished the mini basket that you saw yesterday. 

The stones that you see on this one are real jade and some kind of coral.  I am not sure what the brown ones are. I couldn't wait for the glue to dry. Sorry about the little wiggle of glue in the center. Yes.  It is plain old white glue. Dries clear.

The feathers are cut from the end of larger feathers. Actually they are the same ones that are on the big basket... Only cut down.
I found the chips of stones at our mini show here in Tucson one year. I have two different kinds of turquoise and the jade and coral chips.  That one was a mixed bag.

The feathers I have come from various sources.  Most craft stores carry colored feathers.  The ones that have the stripes and spots are from the gem show a number of years ago. 

Back to work now.  I still have a room to clean!

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lucille said...

Hi Casey! Your baskets are a delight to the eyes! I love the turquoise and beige combined!