Sunday, February 21, 2016
Minis By the Minute!
I set myself a challenge this morning. I decided to see how fast I could put together a passable mini from the largest one of those boxes and whatever I had on hand...
I always have an excess of wallpaper and sometimes windows.
I found a couple of pieces of finished wicker and I was off and running!
I decided to use a piece of illustration board for the back. That took up less space than foamcore.
I found some wallpaper that would go with the bassinet and went to work.
I cut the board to the size of the back of the box. I simply laid the box on the board and traced the opening. Then I finally found a use for some Wallpaper that I bought from the shop that I was working at in 1982! I guess you could call that vintage wallpaper. I don't eve know if the "House that Jack Built" company, that produced it is still in business. They made their paper in a rather strange shape and it was hard to find a use for it without a lot of seams. The print wasn't even wide enough to fill the back of the box. I had to over lap the left side. I figure that that part wouldn't show too much, behind the bassinet.
I cut a hole in the back of the box the size of the window. Then I went and found a background shot for behind it.
After I got everything put together, I went around and gathered some things that would work in the box... I am not sure about the doll, the dog or the pillow, but they were good to fill the photo.
I might do some more to it later. The window is a bit bare and it needs a different rug.
I finished off the edges of the box with braid and called it finished for the moment.
Now I can go back to the bag that I was working on without a guilty conscience. Back to the needle and thread.
See you tomorrow.