Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, January 30, 2016

It's My Party!

And I will do anything that I want to... Starting with the decision to make my birthday the day that I subtract a year from my age from now on. 

I feel a year younger than I did last year at this time... So be it!

Last night, I started a new pair of sox... A couple of my hand made pairs are developing holes in the bottom...

I have done no minis today... Other than working on the Russian rug for a while, this morning.

In place of a party, the kids took us out to lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant, "Micha's".  Great food!

After that, we went over to one of our favorite gem show sites, where Walter bought me this for my birthday!

The photo doesn't even start to do this opal justice.  The colors that you see a slight hint of here are amazing in real life.  I am going to have to figure out how to wire wrap this, without covering up the glow. 

Maybe, once I get it wrapped, the color will show better...

It is about the size of the end of my thumb.

I am going to have to think about how I want to do this for a couple of days. A little day dreaming and a few sketches should do it.

Meanwhile, back to the rug.

See you tomorrow.


22 comments:

miniaturista said...

Feliz cumpleaños...esa alfombra pinta estupendamente.
Un abrazo
Maite

Phyllisa said...

Hi Casey. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! And as many as you get back to 0! Woo Hoo!
Phyllisa

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!

Shelleybweb said...

Happy birthday! Wishing you many more!

Lené said...

Happy birthday to you! Hope the next year is full of love, laughter, good times and great health (and a slightly better behaved Tessie).

Jodi Hippler said...

Happy Birthday, Casey! It is my wonderful husband's birthday today, too, and we also enjoyed Mexican cuisine with our grown children! The movie we went to, was a little on the dark side for my tastes - The Revenant, but the hubs enjoyed it, so it was a great day for him! Hope that this year for you and Russ turns out to be the best one yet!

minwks said...

Birthday greetings. The opal is truly lovely. The fire is difficult to photograph. I hope you will show us how you decide to use it.
I love the self patterning wool, it is quite fascinating what nice results you can achieve.
All the best.
Regards Janine
PS. The first time I knew how old my Mother was - she told me she was 34. That could have been correct but I believed her and until she hit her 80's I always thought of her as 34.
J.

Véronique said...

Happy belated birthday! You're so right: do what you want!! :-)
What a lovely gift from Walter!!
X
Véronique

Unknown said...

Happy birthday, Casey! 🎂

Mieke Miniatuur said...

Happy birthday Casey, you are as old as you feel... And what does a number actually mean. As long as you are happy ;-)

Fabiola said...

Happy birthday!

Cara said...

Happy birthday, Casey!!

mcddiss said...

veo que sigues mas que ocupada , esa alfombra tiene buena pinta , y ese opalo es una maravilla, seguro que encuentras la manera perfecta de poder lucirlo

besitos

Mari

azteclady said...

I hope it was a very, very happy birthday indeed, and that this year is filled with joy and health!

(I love that rug!)

Mereknits said...

I think that is a brilliant idea about your birthday. I just may do it too!
Meredith

Phyllisa said...

Hi Casey. HAPPY BIRTHDAY.............again. I was the first to leave a message, but
it appears to have disappeared. I hope your day was GREAT!
Phyllisa

Maria Rodrigues said...

Happy birthday.

elizabeth s said...

Happy Birthday Casey!!!!
I have to say that I have NEVER seen such A UNIQUE and BEAUTIFUL opal as this one. It looks YUMMY! :D

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

Best birthday wishes Casey! Can I recommend 29? It's a good age, I've been 29 for decades ;)

Marilyn D. said...

A very happy birthday to you Casey. It's your day to do whatever you want - so glad that included a little note to all of us. Have a wonderful week. - Marilyn D., Oromocto, N.B., Canada

Lucille said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Casey! Hope you had a lovely day!

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
I swear I left a comment! Happy belated birthday! I hope it was a wonderful one.
Big hug
Giac