Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Floor Exercises...

 I thought that you might like a bit of information about how I use the theater trays...

The trays are shaped in some kind of form and the bottoms have a natural bend in them when you get them. 
I use that for edges and corners.  They are gently bent.  I have to pinch them to get a sharper bend in them to fit.
I put the tiles down in the kitchen then I went over to the other side and started doing the stone work there... Don't ask me why.  I just felt like it.

I had to allow for the bent pieces along the edges, so I didn't go all the way to the edge.  I allowed about 1/4" for the edge.

The step isn't fastened in yet.  I am just going to do the top and front and then fasten in the step and cover it.   That's easier than making them meet in the corners.

I will have to do a rolled edge on the part where the bed is to be placed. 

I will have to glue them in and put a clothes pin to hold them until they are secure.

To get the double bend in the edges, I used my scissors as a guide.  They are about the same thickness as the foam core.

Having that on the underside may make the bed harder to get in and out of the underside.  That is still to be worked out.

I am contemplating  a couch in front of the hole and when it is pulled out, the back of the couch will flip down onto a frame to make a wider bed.  I am pretty sure that it will work that way.

Stay tuned.  I may actually finish this before the people that are entering the contest get their prizes! 

Wish me luck!

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

mcddiss said...

ese suelo va muy bien , lo vas a terminar enseguida , seguro , tengo curiosidad por ver como resuelves lo del sofa-cama

besitos

Mari

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
Thanks for the great tips. May I ask what glue you use when attaching "stone" work? Do you have to weigh them down while the adhesive dries?
Have a great weekend,
Giac