Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, January 3, 2015

We Have a Choice to Make...

I decided to walk, before running amok.

This morning I decided to try a curved mansard roof on the square rum box, before I try anything on the round one...

I made patterns for two different sizes of frames.

The roof itself will have to wait until I get the framing done...
I feel like Goldilocks and the Terrible Two plus One are the three bears...

First I tried one that was five inches tall and the center was two inches square... We all agreed that that one was too big... It was almost as tall as Tessie!
The second one that I tried was a one inch square center and four inches tall..

Much better proportions than the first, but I can't say that I am satisfied yet...

Tessie keeps yelling down the center.  She likes the echo effect. Zar and Spike are about to cage her again, to keep her from doing it.  And I am going to let them.

I am thinking that about half way between should do it.  That is, 4 1/2" by 1 1/2" maybe.

It is easier to make the mistakes with cardstock than it will be when I get serious with wood.

I am going back into the cold room now... 27 degrees outside, when I got up this morning and now they are telling us that it is going to last another day... I am really tired of living in a jungle in my kitchen/family room area.  Someone send me some heat!!!! I need a bright sunshiny day!!!!!!

See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Karin Corbin said...

A bright and sunny winter day in Seattle means the temperature is very cold.