Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Various Sunday Things...

When I was a little kid, if anybody said "Various and sundry things.", I thought that they were saying "Various Sunday Things.". I thought that they were things that only occurred on Sunday. My dad sat me down and explained it wasn't Sunday... It was sundry... That lead to a discussion about what was a sundry thing?  Thus the title. 

I didn't do any more minis yesterday.  I did a new bracelet.  This time with a focal point in the middle.  They advertised these as "evil eye connectors" on ETSY. They are supposed to protect you from harm... So far, it's not working.

Tessie and Zar are still here...

Tessie was not pleased with the book light that I bought at the Dollar Tree.  Her only comment was... "It's too big to sit on my desk!"

She grudgingly agreed to stick her hand under it so that I could take the photo.  Then she announced, "Enough fooling around! Get back to work.  NOW!" Darn! I thought it was cute.

So much for fun. 

Back to work.  I put the first coat of paint on the observatory.  Tessie stood over me with a whip and a chair to get me to do it.

The first coat is always so boring.  I did mix it up a little by using three bottles of paint. The darkest was Trail Tan Ceramcoat and the other two were some antique white and vintage white that I had left over from trying some Folkart that was on sale.

Not too bad for leftovers.  Now comes the fun part.

I am off to do something shady.

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

I much prefer Various Sunday Things, so much more interesting and mysterious than various and sundry things. I love little kids sayings, they are smile making, we use many in our family from several generations.

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
She had better hope you never go on strike! The telescope is coming along nicely though.
Big hug,
Giac