Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, January 9, 2015

Three and a Half Hours Later....

I should know better than to let the Terrible Two plus One volunteer to do a job that I want to get done quick.

They said that they would shingle the Mansard roof...

I forgot that every row had four shingles that had to be custom trimmed.  I had to show them how... Then I had to show them how again.  Then I had to make them put the line of wood across the bottom so that the shingles would all be on the same slant. 

Then they had to break for cookies.  Then there was an epic bathroom break where everyone ran to their respective homes and didn't come back for about a half hour...



Spike just took his place as supervisor on the roof after that and didn't move a muscle to help.

This was about three hours in... Another cookie break...
When they returned, I took the photo to prove that they hadn't done a lick of work in the past hour...

My mistake.  I turned on "Ancient Astronauts".  It's Zar's favorite on the History Channel...  And if Zar doesn't work... Nobody works.
I guess that I am going to have to take over and finish the job.  I looked at the schedule and "Ancient Astronauts" is playing all day long... So much for the help.

Oh well They did pretty good, considering the way they usually work.  Play for 45 minutes.  Then take a 15 minute work break every hour...

I had better set up a couple of comfortable chairs for the Terrible Two and get to work myself, if I want this done any time soon...

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Lucille said...

Those are cute pics you took of Tessie and Zar on the house, Casey! Not to forget our Spike who looks adorable perched on the roof. And, last, I love how the roof is turning out. Very nice!

elizabeth s said...

Hi Casey! Your shingling of the Mansard Roof looks good so far and I am sure that both Tessie and Zar,
( and Spike) would agree!

miniaturista said...

Jajaja..muy divertido, bueno al menos han hecho parte del trabajo, igual lo tendrás que terminar tu, pero ellos han ayudado.
Un abrazo y Feliz Año
Maite