Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Friday, December 26, 2014

T'was The Day After Christmas...

Look what Walter gave me!  Another rum box.  This time it is round.  And yes. It contained a bottle of rum this time..

The Terrible Two are already speculating as to what it is going to become...
 What's special about it is the laughing Buddha on the back.  It is carved through the wood so that whatever is inside will show through to the back.  Maybe a piece of fabric or a light?

Anyway, I am going to have to think about this one for a while...

I like it a lot.  It just isn't talking to me yet... It will soon.
Meanwhile, it's just a good thing that I don't like rum... The rest of the adults in the family sampled it and said it was good..

Zar and Tessie would like to sample too, but I don't want a couple of unruly  mini people running around, causing a commotion today...

Walter will make good use of the rest of it... It's good on the golf course when the weather is nippy...

Speaking of nippy... Tonight and tomorrow night are supposed to be two of the coldest nights of recorded temps in AZ...
That brings me to the subject of why I am not back to minis yet...

See all of these plants?  That's about half of what needs to come in the house for 48 hours!

Last year, I lost quite a few when I just covered them and left them out... This year, I am not taking any chances.  It s supposed to get down into the mid 20s tonight and tomorrow night.

So for the next few hours I am going to be carting pots into the house and finding a place to put them... This could take a while.  I had better get started.  I'm leaving the heavy ones for Walter to cart in when he gets home...

See you tomorrow, if I can work my way through the jungle in the family room...

1 comment:

Lucille said...

Looks like a huge job carting all those plants, Casey, but worthwhile if it will save them! That is a very nice bottle and I look forward to seeing what your creative mind will do with it!