Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Jackpot!!!

I went into town this morning.  Regular Walmart run.  Then I decided to stop at the Dollar Tree and a few other places looking for little bottle brush Christmas trees...

Those are getting ridiculously expensive for what they are... I am going to have to look around and see what I have before I spend more money for them...

I stopped at Goodwill, thinking that they might have some... Nope... They did have some great books for little bits of money. Three of them were under a dollar the other two just a bit more.  I see some Navajo mini rugs in my future.  Some mini container gardening and some creative mini accessories...

I tried a few garage sales, hoping for someone getting rid of mini bottle brush trees... No luck there.

When I was driving down our street coming home, the house four doors down had a garage sale going...No bottle brush trees there either... But... They did have beads.  They were all stuffed in a big box and when I asked how much one of the bags was, she told me that she wanted 20.00 for the whole thing... I need more beads like I need another hole in my head, but I can always use more.  They do run out after a while... That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.  There is over a hundred dollars worth of beads there... I didn't even argue with the price.  I will just consider it an early Christmas present. 

Now about the Dollar Tree... For those of you lucky enough to have one near you, the manager told me that they still have enough Christmas stuff in the back room to keep them stocking for the next week or two.  He wasn't even sure what was there.

I did find these crystal Christmas trees by the checkout counter.  For a dollar each. 
They change every color of the rainbow, a little at a time and are just the right size to use with minis. 

I don't think that Gordon Dragon appreciates them though.  They are keeping him awake!

I have to go turn off the Christmas trees, sort beads and read the new books.

See you tomorrow.  Back to minis then.

5 comments:

Lucille said...

Those little trees are so special! I must get down to the Dollar Tree and see if they have them! Thanks for the tip, Casey!

Karin Corbin said...

Tessie hit the jackpot too. She bewitched my random number generator into picking your entry in my Black Friday Giveaway so she could have a set of black paper micro sized buildings. Wow, she really is a witch!

Karin Corbin

Caseymini said...

Wow! Tessie is one lucky witch! Thanks for letting me know Karin!

Caseymini said...

Lucille, what's really special is, they run on those little flat batteries and they are included.

Unknown said...

You are a very lucky one!