Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

It's Electrifying...

This morning, we have glass in the windows...

I had to do that, before I installed the console in the back. 

Everything has a place in the order of things.
Now I have to run the wire from the top, down to the ground as invisibly as possible...

First I poked a hole through the foam core back wall, near the bottom.

I ran the wire around the corner and down to the deck.  Then I ran it diagonally from the building to the edge and back towards the tree.  I didn't want to run it straight across.  It would surely show that way.
The plan is to run it down through the tree and down the backside of the trunk, next to the porch.

I will first have to paint the wire brown, so that it will look like part of the branches.  The part where it comes out of the building will be painted to match the stone...
Right now, I am trying to see how long the wire has to be, to get it where I want it ultimately to go.

I enlisted Zar to help with the stringing... We are keeping Tessie out of the mix.  She would just tie it in knots to be spiteful...

She is sitting on the top step of the dragon staircase, pouting... I wish I could do that, whilst someone else does the wiring... Have I mentioned, I love lights.  I just hate the wiring part. It requires actual thinking and planning.. No fun at all...

Since the wire won't paint itself and Zar refuses to do that part, I should get back at it... Maybe I will actually have it lit up tomorrow!  Wish me luck.

See you then.

No comments: