Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

A Little Light On the Subject Helps...

When I bought all of the mini goodies from my friend Sue earlier this year, I got a lot of electrical stuff.  Some working and some not.

I just dumped it into the electrical drawer... I got it out this morning and dug through it. 

I found enough stuff to finish the dashboard for the tower.  And then some. 

I wasn't sure which stuff worked, so I started sorting...
 These are the ones that worked that can be used in the tower... I'm not saying they will all be used, but they are possibilities.

I want the dashboard to have some lights, along with the bells and whistles...
This morning I also made a weather vein for the top.

In case you were wondering, this is how I am keeping the Terrible Two busy this morning...

I told them that they have to hold the piece in place, until the glue dries or the compass points won't be aligned... Hey! It's a good story and I'm sticking with it.

They keep asking if it is dry yet and I just automatically tell them no.  It's better to have them playing with pins. 

I certainly don't want them messing with transformers and electricity.  They would burn my house down!

So far, this has kept them busy for an hour and a half... I guess I should let them off the hook, now that I am done testing the electrical stuff.  But it was so peaceful while it lasted...

See you tomorrow, with lighted dashboard.

2 comments:

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
the weathervane is terrific. Well done! I look forward to seeing the tower all light up.
Big hug,
Giac

Nancy Rodriguez said...

I found your blog doing a search on miniatures. I absolutely love it, and I check it every day.

I have been out of miniatures when live intervened. I am getting ready to retire, so I will now have the time to get back to my most favorite thing in the world!