Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

My Excuse is Rain...And a Flat Tire...

The Monsoon Season has started.  For the last few days, it has rained a lot in the afternoon.

For some reason, that always puts me in the mood to stitch.

I Worked on the rug for Daisy's bedroom first and then Tessie came in, dragging the rug for the craft cottage behind her.  She insisted that I work on that, since it was ahead of the rug that I was working on, in the queue.

So I obliged her.

Then I made plans to work on the bathroom in the cottage this morning.  Some times the best laid plans go haywire...

Walter went out to the garage to go golfing and discovered a flat tire.  So we agreed that he should take my car instead...

I was supposed to go to the grocery store this morning.  Scratch that.  So, I also won't have the gesso that I need to work on the bathroom.  Oh well...

So I decided to work on the window in the bedroom instead... Then I couldn't find my lead tape.  My cleaning didn't work after all.

I decided to use copper tape instead.  Actually, real stained glass windows are done with copper tape, then just covered with lead.  So I am not terribly far off.

I did kind of a branch pattern on the Plexiglas.

Then I covered that with clear nail polish. 

After it dried, I glued it in place, with a piece of card stock painted and cut to follow the pattern, to cover the edges on the outside. 

Tessie held it up, so that I could take a couple of shots.  After I install it, it will be difficult to get a good photo.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm stickin' with it. 

It's starting to look a little cloudy already.  Maybe I will get those rugs done after all.

See you tomorrow.

6 comments:

Lucille said...

Enjoy your stitching, Casey! Your window is beautiful and it's so cute to see Tessie through it! We have been enjoying nice cool weather here in Ottawa. I am taking advantage of it by carrying on with the decluttering. It's going well! I'll have to stop though to go downstairs to do my laundry. The decluttering should be finished this week!

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
Love the window and I can't wait to see the rugs.
Big hug,
Giac

Simon said...

Hey Casey, the window looks great. What a clever idea with the copper tape!! I can't wait to see what you do next.
Si

Phyllisa said...

Hi Casey. Please send us some rain! An unusual request from the Pacific Northwest. But it's starting to get hot here and we don't take the heat well.
I'm looking forward to your finished rugs.
Phyllisa

Vivian Fox said...

Hi Casey
Your window looks gorgeous. But those rugs...how do you have the patience. They are going to be amazing.
All the best
Vivian

12Create said...

Hi Casey. Love the window.