Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Oops, I Forgot!

I am sitting here going "Duh!".  I can't use the one piece faucet with this tub.  I didn't think to measure under the window... By the time I get any kind of trim around the window, there won't be any room for a fancy set up like that one. 

So.... I opted for a three piece one that goes directly into the wall and pipes.

Now I still have room for trim.  I will save the other one for the kitchen or another project.

There are signs of life in the workroom.  Now... If I can just remember to water them. 

I  checked.  The tags all said low light plants.  This room gets no sunshine at all.  Only a bit filtered through the Mesquite tree, early in the morning.  Wish me luck on keeping them alive...

I Steampunked the TV yesterday afternoon.  What can I say?  I was bored and it was fun to do.

It's not really Steampunk, but it goes better with the rest of the room than a flat screen monstrosity...

I found a frame that was close to the size.  I sat it on the Direct TV box and then made a strip to go across the bottom of the picture with some scrap booking paper and a few other Steampunk flavored things... Alice in Wonderland just happened to be on... The mad hatter wouldn't hold still long enough to have his photo taken though.

Anyway, every time I start gluing stuff together to make something Steampunk, I think of this You Tube video that I happened upon a couple of weeks ago... The song keeps running through my head and for some unknown reason, it puts me in a good mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFCuE5rHbPA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Just watch it a couple of times and it will happen to you too.

I am going back to work now. I still need to paint some drawers and build a sink to go with the tub...

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

Vivian Fox said...

Well Casey, I love your frame for the tv, it'll be like having a 'living' picture in your room. Tessie really is keeping a close eye on your work, isn't she?
All the best
Vivian

Phyllisa said...

Hi Casey. Your covered drawers got me started in covering some tubs (from ice cream). I have covered three with five more to go. I used Magic Cover (like Contact). It's not easy to get it to lie flat on a curved surface. But it does brighten up my Craft Room.
Phyllisa

2minimom said...

What a wonderful idea for the TV! I want to do that now. Mine isn't a flat screen, but I bet I could "hide" it using steampunk ideas like yours.