Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, May 31, 2014

On the Level....

I noticed, not too long ago that the second floor on Daisy's cottage sloped upwards towards the back corner...Oops!  Luckily, it wasn't glued in permanently. 

Unfortunately, when I put in the moldings to hold the ceiling up, I somehow managed to install the ones in that corner about an eighth of an inch higher than the rest of the molding..

It's hard when you are standing on your head and installing things that you can't see.

I managed to fix it this morning... All of the junk that you see on the second floor is holding it in place.  I knew there was some reason for buying a new package of Model Air.  Unopened, it makes a perfect floor weight.

Now I am gluing everything down to keep it from happening again. 

I also had to rectify the kitchen wall.  It was warped towards the living room at the top.

It is also all better now. 

Most of the stuff that I did since yesterday is really boring.  Patched some holes with spackling compound.  Painted said holes.

Oh!  The first thing I had to do was take a whole dump truck load of stuff out of the cottage.  It seems to pile up by itself when I'm not paying attention.

The point is, I am making progress now.  I have Tessie and Zar sitting on the edge of the roof, weighting it down.  I keep making them peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.  That seems to be doing the trick.

Proof of rug work.  I give up on getting a good photo of this thing until it is finished.

I did more of the never ending center and some more of the border on this end.  It will look better when I get the overstitching details on it.

OK.  You know my weakness for new glues.  I found this one yesterday at Walmart.  E-6000 is now producing jewelry and bead glue... It's probably the same stuff that comes in the big tube, but I bought it because of the four little screw on, detail nozzles that come with it.  They are in the blister pack to the right.  I imagine that there are four because they don't last forever.  Clogggg.

Anyway, I do wish that they had put it out on the shelves a couple of days earlier.  It would have been great for the hookahs.

Oh well.... I will just have to go find something else to glue together.  Maybe even jewelry.  I want to try the points out!  Now!

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello from Spain: I'm sure your going to do a great job. Keep in touch

Giac said...

Hello Casey,
Glad you could fix the slope easily enough. It good that you noticed it now and not when it was too late. Have fun with your new glue!
Big hug,
Giac