Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Thursday, April 3, 2014

A Little Warpy

At least that's what Tessie calls it.

The Terrible Two had the ceiling of the living room painted when I got up this morning.  Tessie explained, "We want to see if the pieces are going to fit together...You have been doing an awful lot of adjusting...".

She was right.  When I started putting pieces together to dry fit, I found that some of the walls had warped a bit.  And I found that I had cut the back of the floor just a tad long.

I went  back and cut off a little.  That helped, but the corner post in the back, where the two walls meet was just a little warped and had to be pulled in, for the roof to fit.

I didn't have a clamp big enough to hold it and masking tape wouldn't hold it...So I resorted to using some hemp rope that I purchased a couple of weeks ago that Goodwill to do some old fashioned macramé. 

Anyway, I managed to squeeze everything together.  Now all I have to do is wait for the glue to dry.

The back corner of the floor was a bit warped.  I weighted that down with a can of spackle, a hammer, a jar of cornstarch, and Tessie.  Oh, and Zar lent a hand also.  Spike ignored the whole procedure.

Did I mention that I also glued the house to the foundation board?  I did.

The corner arrangement is going to work fine.  I need to slice off some of the round for the tree base.  There needs to be a connecting piece between the circle and the porch, towards the back.

It seems to fit nicely.  Now we all just have to sit and wait for the glue to dry....How exciting!!

See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

mcddiss said...

me alegro de que hayas podido solucionar el problemilla surgido , a mi lo que me desespera es esperar a que se sequen las cosas, pero no hay mas remedio, no?

besitos

Mari

Caseymini said...

Hi Mari, I guess that,if we want things to be straight, we have to wait. I'm with you. I hate waiting...