Don't forget to poke the photos to enlarge!

Saturday, March 1, 2014

The Big Debate....

First I thought....Why can't I use the Tibetan rug that is half finished?  So...I put it in the living room and stared at it for a long time....Time wasted...

The more that I looked at it, the more that I didn't like the pink.  And the more that I looked at it, the more I didn't think that the pattern went with the house.  It's much too formal.

I am thinking an all over, more busy pattern with the plain walls and floor.  I just have to think about it for a  while.

While thinking, I was carving.  The leg is closer to finished.  I put a coat of water based varnish on the pieces.  For some reason that brings out the mistakes and flaws in the design.  Also, taking a photo helps.

There are still a few carving things that need work.  Yes.  I can carve through the varnish.  It won't hurt anything.  I will have to put a couple more coats on anyway.  This way, I can see what I need to do.  The bottom of the leg is to the right.  The top to the left.    The top of the front piece needs a lot more dimension.  It is too flat and all on one plane.  That can be easily fixed.

This is another one of those times that Tessie agrees with me.  She bounded into the living room and started making "grrrr-aarrgggg" noises...She sounded like the end of a "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" episode....

She told me, "This rug is icky!".  Well, I couldn't agree with that.  I still like the rug.  Just not in here.  But at least I have a second opinion now.

That makes me feel better.  Maybe she is just trying to get on my good side... I think that she made it. 

I am going now to look at rug catalogs and other ideas.  I just don't think that Daisy would go for the pink.

Back to the drawing board.

See you tomorrow.

5 comments:

- Virpi said...

The rug is beautiful and goes so well with the chair. Nice work!

Unknown said...

Oi, por um momento eu concordo com a Tessie mas ao mesmo tempo eu acho que a metade do tapete é bonita e pode ficar em baixo de algum móvel.
Grande abraço, Fernanda.

Caseymini said...

Fernanda, the rug will be completed. Just not for this house. It really doesn't go well with the other colors in real life. Kind of clashes. I have already started another one.

Lucille said...

Lovely rug, Casey! I love that chair!

Fabiola said...

Your chair is fabulous! I also like the rug.
Bye, Faby